SAP Calculations & Energy Reports
Part L of the building regulations require all new domestic dwellings to prepare a SAP calculation in order to demonstrate that the dwelling’s energy emission rate (DER) is lower than a target emission rate (TER). This is also sometimes referred to as an energy report. The process involves a set of desktop calculations prepared using drawings and specifications. Part L requires that the SAP calculation must been submitted to the building control officer prior to commencement of any works onsite.
Our experienced team of SAP accredited energy assessors are able to work with you to ensure that your project not only passes the DER/TER requirement but does so in the most cost effective manner possible. Our approach for every project is to provide a bespoke solution customised for every client and their project. Our solutions have helped clients save many thousands of pounds which has forged long lasting relationships.
All Design Stage SAP Calculations include a Predicted Energy Assessment (PEA) which is required for marketing and selling a dwelling off plan. Upon completion of a dwelling the SAP calculation is used to prepare the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
Extensions & Conversions
SAP calculations are also used for what local authority’s class as excessively glazed extensions. This occurs when an extension includes glazing of more than 25% of the extension’s floor area, common examples are orangeries, conservatories and extensions with large bi-fold doors and glazed roofs.
Upon completion of a dwelling the SAP calculation is used to prepare the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC).
What next! Just send us your drawings and specifications and we’ll take care of the rest.
Don't forget! Use our New Build Pack service to save money and hassle by combining your SAP, EPC, Air Testing, Ventilation Testing, Water Calculation and Acoustic Testing (if applicable) all together.
Why use us?
- Free U-Value calculations
- Free condensation risk analysis
- Free summer overheating risk analysis
- Experienced and qualified assessors providing bespoke low cost solutions saving you money and time
- Fast turnaround
- Detailed reports and checklists in pdf format
- A dedicated assessor from start to finish
- When should I get my SAP? Quite simply, the earlier we are involved, the more influence we can have on easily incorporating small changes with minimal cost which can make big impacts and huge savings in build cost and carbon.
- How long does it take to get a SAP calculation? Generally a SAP calculation takes about 2-3 days to produce, we suggest you allow 1 week from appointment.
- What do you need to produce a SAP? We require drawings including plans, sections, elevations and site plan together with a proposed specification for the materials and insulation together with the heating and hot water appliances.
- What happens if my design fails? Even if your proposed design and specification fails we will provide you solutions and recommendations to successfully achieve a PASS free of charge!
BEAT Solutions are proud members and approved energy assessors of Elmhurst Energy accreditation number EES/004613.